Overwhelmed by Emails?
Managing email can seem like an overwhelming task, but here are four simple things you can do to tackle this vital part of your business.
- Set aside the same time every day to go over your emails. A daily schedule will keep the number of emails you have to weed through down and get you in the habit of completing this menial task.
- A good time to read and answer emails is 8 am – 9 am, and 2 pm – 3 pm
- Consider printing emails, attachments, or notes that you could add to paper records if you keep files.
- Regularly empty the junk or spam folder and delete the emails in your trash folder.
- Create filters that automatically put incoming emails into its respective folder.
- Archive email that is older than three months. It reduces the size of your mailbox and increases search speed.
Note: Emails with attachments typically take up a lot more space.
Contact me to assist you in the above tasks if you think this is too time-consuming for you. Also, let me know how you manage your emails.
Photo credit: PublicDomainPictures.net by Kevin Phillips